How can I find words to greater compel you to help a cause that is so very compelling all on its own? Today marks the start of Menu for Hope III the annual fundraising campaign created by Pim of the ever-tempting Chez Pim. This year's event is in support of the UN's World Food Programme; a fitting cause for this time when we gather to celebrate and share our own good fortune.
In the next few days I will be enthusiastically suggesting support of this worthy endeavor; however some business on my end precludes me doing so just yet. So I'll start you all off easy with the full list of instructions:
1. Go to the donation page at First Giving to make a contribution.
2. Each US$10 donation will give you one raffle ticket toward a prize of your choice. Please specify which prize or prizes you'd like by entering the prize code in the 'Personal Message' section in the donation form when confirming your contribution. E.G: A US$50 donation may be two tickets for UW99 and three tickets for CA02.*
3. Some companies will match personal charitable donations made by staff. If your company has such a program, please remember to mark the appropriate box and fill in the information so we could claim the corporate match.
4. Please also check the box to allow us to see your email address. We need this so we can contact you in case you win a prize. If you do not do this, we will be unable to contact you. Please be assured that we will not share your email address with anyone.
5. Raffle results will be announced on 15 January on Chez Pim. Draws will be conducted electronically, thanks to Derrick at Obsession with Food for creating the computer application used to magically select names.
* N.B: Canadian tax laws prohibit charitable donation receipts to be issued by registered Canadian charities for raffle or lottery tickets. The UNWFP is a U.S.-based charity; should any donation receipts issued, you will need to seek professional advice regarding applying them to your Canadian income tax return.
I have donated a rather fabulous prize (hint: code CA02) prize, but more on that later. To whet your appetites so to speak, here are the roundup lists of all the prizes available:
Buy now, buy later, buy often. Your support can make all the difference in someone's world.